ennCloud SmartCity Model, becomes a model supported by a Technology Platform on the Cloud Computing philosophy, multi-channel multi-device Services for Integrated Smart Entities (Buildings, Communities, Cities, States, …) enabling new models of Management, aligning technological strategies and sensing infrastructure for the provision of Common Services
ennCloud Smart+ concept, with which it seeks to create a new model of SmartCity, facilitated by the deployment of Cloud Computing Platform, integrating real time control facilities. These facilities manage the cloud of sensors deployed in the city. Also, the Cloud Platform, integrate the different Information Systems and Management of Municipal Utilities, generating an integrated information environment for all activities of the city.
ennCloud Smart+ must be perceived as a technological development aimed at realizing the Gaia concept through technology. This concept refers to planet as a living, intelligent, evolving and act voluntarily.
ennCloud Smart+ gives an area of technology intelligence system that will enable effective integrated management of the needs of the city, or territory, as Smart + can be applied to a wider territorial environment.
ennCloud Smart+ becomes a model supported by a Technology Platform in philosophy Cloud Computing multichannel, multi-device Services for Integrated Smart Cities enabling new models of Land Management, aligning strategies eGovernment and sensing infrastructure for the provision of Municipal Public Services.
ennCloud Smart+ is also aimed at improving efficiencies in the use of public resources, municipal as well as providing citizen services in the area of mobility, energy, security and access control, facilitating the deployment of "communities of developers "to promote economic and social development of the city.
ennCloud Smart+ becomes a model supported by a Technology Platform in philosophy Cloud Computing multichannel, multi-device Services for Integrated Smart Entities (Buildings, Communities, Cities, States, …) enabling new models of Management, aligning technological strategies and sensing infrastructure for the provision of Common Services.
ennCloud Smart+ is also aimed at improving efficiencies in the use of public resources, as well as providing personal services in the area of mobility, energy, security and access control, facilitating the deployment of "communities of developers“ to promote economic and social development of the Smart+ Model.
The Smart City in concept casts urban performance as a function of the complex interplay between systems composed of infrastructures, capital, assets, behaviours, and cultures; spanning the economic, social, technological, political, and environmental. In this context, the city is viewed as a ‘system of systems’ with the Smart City having realised benefits through integration and coherence amongst its systems.
A Smart City is a city well performing in a forward-looking way in these six characteristics, built on the ‘smart’ combination of endowments and activities of self-decisive, independent and aware citizens.
To describe a smart city and its six characteristics it is necessary to develop a transparent and easy hierarchical structure, where each level is described by the results of the level below. Each characteristic is therefore defined by a number of factors. Furthermore each factor is described by a number of indicators.
The following table illustrates the 6 characteristics and their assigned factors. Smart Economy includes factors all around economic competitiveness as innovation, entrepreneurship, trademarks, productivity and flexibility of the labour market as well as the integration in the (inter-)national market. Smart People is not only described by the level of qualification or education of the citizens but also by the quality of social interactions regarding integration and public life and the openness towards the “outer” world. Smart Governance comprises aspects of political participation, services for citizens as well as the functioning of the administration.
Local and international accessibility are important aspects of Smart Mobility as well as the availability of information and communication technologies and modern and sustainable transport systems. Smart Environment is described by attractive natural conditions (climate, green space etc.), pollution, resource management and also by efforts towards environmental protection. Finally, Smart Living comprises various aspects of quality of life as culture, health, safety, housing, tourism ...
These characteristics and factors form the framework for the indicators and the following assessment a city’s performance as smart city.
The core technology ennCloud Smart+ is built upon Cloud Computing Platform with some added components to the Solution:
Common execution service:
- Handles the scheduling, provisioning and execution of computation of any kind required for the operation of the Platform This includes the provisioning of Platform core and user provided operational units, and the operation of execution engines accepting user process jobs for execution.
Data and Metadata Management:
- Provides access to information products of any kind together with their associated metadata and ancillary data. Makes use of ontology-based mediation to transform information between different syntactic and semantic representations. Handles information and data ingestion, query and access, processing and manipulation.
Planning and Prosecution:
- Resource planning and plan execution, including the development, refinement, configuration and enactment of observation plans for the different systems on the platform. Is responsable of all the management of phisical world actions.
Analysis and Synthesis:
- Provides basic frameworks to define data analysis and manipulation processes based on user provided workflows and computation definitions (scripts, source code, tool integration). Is used for event detection, model integration, data manipulation, synthesis of data products and visualizations.
Sensing and Acquisition:
- Interfaces to sensors (instruments), instrument platforms, power ports and other physical observatory infrastructure. Represents these physical resources as stateful, controllable agents within the integrated observatory network.
- Interfaces with external observatory infrastructure management systems such as power, bandwidth allocation and state-of-health monitoring, and performs observatory management and oversight.
- Manages instrument processes to produce data products, such as calibration and validation.
Extensions to the authorization and authentication system:
- The service enhances and adapts the core authentication and authorization core services to make them available to the SmartCity actors in a meaningfull manner.
The software platform is structured under principles and methodologies that can be framed in a service-oriented architecture (SOA). This involves a series of definitions before the start of the implementation of the system fully operational in order to determine the concepts and procedures that determine the integration of systems and applications that make up the platform and its interaction with tasks.
- Definition of first level by area
- Infrastructure support services
- Common system services implementation
- Data management services
- System services for communication and exchange service authentication, authorization and accounting
Application support services
- Data acquisition services
- Services planning and execution of actions
- Services data analysis and synthesis
User Support Services
- Services Administrator actions
- Services Management actions
- Services to facilitate data consumption